Online Giving FAQ
- Is giving online safe and secure?
- Do I pay any fees for giving online?
- Can I use a credit card? Why does it say “checking account preferred?”
- What funds can I give to online?
- What giving management system does Church in the Valley use?
- How do I create a username and password for CCB?
- Can I give online without a username or password?
- How will I know that I set up my gift correctly?
- When will contributions be taken from my account?
- Can I stop automatic payments later on if I need to?
- Can I review my donation history online?
- Will I still receive regular contribution statements?
- How can I learn more about financial stewardship and giving?
Absolutely. Our transaction processing uses industry-standard SSL encryption technology, validated by Comodo, and is handled in partnership with BluePay, a payment processor certified by TRUSTe, Trustwave, and McAfee.
No. You will not pay any fees with an online gift.
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card payment for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic funds transfer from your checking account, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
- General Fund: The operating expenses of Church in the Valley’s ministry comes out of this fund and 10% of this fund goes to Missions.
- Benevolence Fund: This fund is designed to help those in need, both within the church and within the broader community.
Church in the Valley uses CCB (Church Community Builder) which provides a secure system for managing online giving. Through CCB, you’ll be able to set up recurring donations and view your previous giving history.
- Click request a username to be directed to Church in the Valley’s CCB account creation page.
- Enter your name and contact information and click “Submit.”
- Once your information has been processed, you’ll receive an email with your login information.
- Once you have received your login/password, click “Give Online” and login with your new account. You will be able to give a one-time gift or a reoccurring gift using your checking account or a credit card.
Yes. When you click on the “Give Online” button, you will see the option to “give online” on the upper right side of the webpage. This is a public gift option that does not require a username/password. Please be advised this option only offers a credit card payment. To set up a recurring gift and to pay through your checking account, you will need to request a username.
Immediately after submitting your giving contribution, you will receive an e-mail verifying your gift.
Giving contributions will be taken from your specified bank account within 48 business hours of the date you requested. This allows time for the contribution to be processed through both your bank and the church’s bank. If the date of your contribution falls on a weekend or a holiday, the transaction will be initiated on the next banking day.
Yes. In fact, once your online account has been connected with your previous giving information, you will be able to view your complete giving history (including offline gifts) at any time.
Yes. Church in the Valley will continue to send year-end contribution statements to your address on file for tax purposes.
The following resources are great places to start:
- God and Money by Crown Financial Ministries
- Seven Baby Steps to Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey
- Making Financial Decisions by Crown Financial Ministries
- Plans and Goals by Crown Financial Ministries
- The Truths About Budgeting by Dave Ramsey
- How to Control Your Spending by Crown Financial Ministries
- Common Errors and Expenses that Lead to Debt by Crown Financial Ministries
- Finding Financial Freedom by Crown Financial Ministries
Or visit Benefits of Online Giving